Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Quote of the Day

Marlo was playing her guitar.
Mommy- What's the name of your band?
Marlo- The Show.
Mommy- Marlo and The Show?
Marlo- Marlo and The Big Show!

-------------------

Over a month ago we  went to my cousin Josh's wedding.  During the festivities Josh serenaded his lovely wife Julie with a live performance. Ever since then Marlo has been obsessively watching videos of Josh's performance of Elton John's "Your Song" and "La bamba".  She often says "I like Josh" or "I miss Josh"- he really made an impression on her.  Recently, she picked up her guitar (which we had to get a new strap for so that it was a real strap like Josh's guitar strap) and said "I'm working on a song for Josh."  She also makes Sean and I reenact the serenade.  Someone has to play guitar and someone has to slow dance with her or a stuffed animal (Josh and Julie danced after the serenade). She didn't miss a single detail- she even lines our dining room chairs up in a row just like they had the chairs on the stage at the party.  I am really trying to get her rendition of "Your Song" on video.  She calls it "The Oh My Song" but already has the first phrase of lyrics down. It's pretty cute.

---------------------