Saturday, February 20, 2010

What a lucky baby.

Tiny is so lucky to have so many carrying friends and family that are talented and want to make special gifts for him/her. I wanted to share a few of them with everyone

Quilt from my friend and boss Becky.
The colors are great and I love the contemporary stripy pattern. The color in the photo do not do it justice. It is well made and Becky shared that it's the first project to be completed in her new studio. Can't wait to see what else she creates!


Sweater knit by my Grandma McMullen and wooden rattle turned by Grandpa McMullen.
These are both sure to be family heirlooms. We love them and can't wait for Tiny to get his/her hands on that rattle.


Our super sweetheart neighbor- Christy- knit this little brown sweater.
It's so precious I can't even stand to put it in the dresser- I have to have it out at all times just in case I want to oohh and ahh at it.
The little socks are from Grandma Gustafson (My Mom).
Tiny and cute. The color is a statement about her prediction of the babies gender. It think she's probably correct- but still waiting to see.
(I included the rattle in this picture too- it just seemed to fit the scene.)


Our good friend Darin has 2 very special talents- he is a painter and he makes old tired things new again. He combined those skills and made Tiny this super adorable little chest of drawers. I should have included something in the picture for scale- it's less than a foot tall. Right now it's perfect for Tiny's socks- but I am sure that when Tiny gets older he/she will find all kinds of treasures to fill it with.

In addition to these great items Tiny's nursery includes a quilt by Grandma Gustafson, a wall hanging started by my Great Grandmother Mimi and a few other items I made. Check them out
in my December "Nursery Pictures" post (http://tinyguess.blogspot.com/2009/12/nursery-pictures.html)

What a lucky baby!