Friday, July 27, 2012

Quotes and more

Marlo and I enjoyed a nice conversation on the balcony while eating popsicles today...
We talked about out trip to Montana.


She told me a little bit about herself.


We reviewed the names of our family members.

I love how Marlo says her name!

After a while she noticed her reflection in the glass door.


I've been saving up some Quotes of the Day too.

We were playing with Marlo's 12 imaginary puppies
Marlo- Ask the Mommy if you pet the puppies
Me-Are you the Mommy?
Marlo- Yes.
Me- Can I pet your puppies?
Marlo- Yes.
I stroke my hand through the air pretending to pet a puppy.
Marlo- No Mommy! The puppies over there, that not a puppy that a trash can"
Oops.
-----------------------

Louis had a baby toy and he involuntarily moved his arm and tossed the toy across the floor.
Marlo- Good throw Baby Louis.
-----------------------

I started rewarding good potty behavior with gummy bears.  We were in the car on the way back from the grocery store.
Marlo- We go candy. If I go potty and wash my hands I get candy.
Mommy- Yep.
Marlo- That candy is really working.
-----------------------

We loaded up in the car to drive to Mimi's house last weekend.
Marlo- Let's kick the road.
Mommy- Hit the road?
Marlo- Yeah, hit.
------------------------

We were in the kitchen and Marlo too the toaster off the shelf and dropped it on the floor.
Mommy- Marlo please pick up the toaster. It's not something to play with.
Marlo just walks off. She comes back a few minutes later and says- I better pick up this toaster, I don't want Baby Louis to choke on it.