Monday, March 26, 2012

Cake

We had a fun weekend celebrating Sean's birthday.  We had Chicken and waffles, went to a tea shop for a tea party, played outside, danced to some music at the Honk! Festival, and ate cake.

As Marlo was finishing a slice of cake I was talking to her about birthdays. It had been her birthday, then daddy's and the next birthday we'd celebrate would be her cousin Jagger's birthday.  Here's how the conversation continued as she ate her last bite of cake...
Marlo- I want more cake.
Mommy- That's all the cake Marlo.
Marlo- I want more daddy birthday cake.
Mommy- Daddy's cake is all gone.
Marlo- I want Jagger birthday cake.

The cake comment reminds me of another funny quote i forgot to share last week.  Our neighbor brought Marlo a St. Patty's day cupcake and here's what she had to say:

Marlo- I love cupcakes. Mommy, now I only eat cupcakes.
(How did she learn to use "only"?)