Thursday, January 7, 2016

Christmas continued...

They opened their gifts to each other a little early. Actually the day they bought them. They were wrapped for less than 10 minutes when Marlo convinced me that her gift was to Louis, from her, and his gift was from him to her... so it was between her and Louis and didn't really have anything to do with me so they should decide if they opened them or not. 
Ok.



Feliz Navidad!
 We spent 4 days at a cabin near Utopia, TX over Christmas. With the exception of 3-4 cases of strep throat it was delightful. Tons of cousin time, playing, eating and adventure.














Cool dad's play with Calico Critters



We did a couple hikes. This one in Garner State Park was really fun. Very steep but worth it when we got to the top of the "mountain"
Another holiday memory for the record-
I had all the christmas gifts ready to load in the car to take to the cabin and they were sitting at the bottom of the stairs near the garage door. I left Louis unsupervised for 2 minutes while I ran up to get some socks when I heard the sound of tearing paper. I ran down the two flight of stairs to find that he had opened 1 gift and had the bow off of another. When we was throwing a fit because I wouldn't let him play with the super cool Playmobil pirate ship I got him he said "The problem is not that I opened the present, the problem is that YOU interrupted me!"