Friday, October 26, 2012

Quote(s) of the day(s)

Mom- Marlo you are loveable.
Grumpy Marlo- No Mommy! No! YOU are loveable!
Mom- You are loveable.
Grumpy Marlo- NO! YOU ARE LOVEABLE!
... and so on...


Louis crawled into the bathroom and Marlo shut the door and trapped him. 
Mom- Marlo we need to leave the door open. We need to be in the same room as Louis
Marlo- No Mommy. We don't.
Mom- Yes. We do Marlo, who's going to watch baby Louis?
Marlo- Mom, that's gonna be your problem.


Marlo- Mom, do you work at the Museum.
Mom- Yes.
Marlo- Me too.
Mom- You do?
Marlo- No I don't.
Mom- You go to school. Going to school is your job, your work.
Marlo- No Mama. I can't go to work at school because I don't have a computer at school.


Marlo- I'm shaking my Baracka.
She means maraca.


On the drive home from visiting Greg, Rachel and the twins, Owen and Grey (who are 2 months old).
Marlo- I was at Greg and Rachel's house and I drink breast milk.
Daddy- No. No Marlo it was RICE milk.
Marlo- Yeah, I didn't like it
(When she tried it she told Greg "It's not tasty")


Marlo was sitting on the potty and giving us directions. In her best yoga/dance teacher voice (see video from previous post)... "Sit down. Close your eyes. Take a deeeeep breath... Oh, it smells like poop."


One day when we picked Marlo up from school we had the pleasure of seeing a rainbow. A few days later one of the teachers at her school spotted a woodpecker in one of the trees. I was there picking her up so we walked out with a couple teachers and a small group of kids to see the woodpecker. It was well camouflaged so it was hard to spot.  On teacher used her camera to zoom in and take a picture so she could help the kids spot it.  The whole time Marlo was looking up in the tree, pointing, oh-ing and ah-ing. When the teacher brought the camera around to show her she promptly rejected the photo and said in a matter of fact tone "Oh yeah, no. I'm looking for a rainbow."


Marlo's teacher is pregnant and they've been throwing around the joke that she swallowed a watermelon seed. She's even decided she's going to be a watermelon for Halloween.  One day she gathered the kids to tell them that she'd found out it that the baby was going to be a boy and Marlo said "What? It's not going to be a watermelon?"


We went to play at the Botanical Gardens with Elowyn and her baby sister Aven (9 days old!). As we were leaving Marlo said "I play with Elowyn and baby Oval!"


I love it when she tries out a new word.
Marlo- Mommy, you worried?
Mom- No.
Marlo- I worried.
Mom- What are you worried about?
Marlo- I worried about pizza.
Mom- Why?
Marlo- Mom. I AM worried about pizza. It's MY pizza.