Friday, June 19, 2009

staring at babies

Yes I'm going to be a blog mom- With so many of our friends and family so far away it makes sense to have a running update of our little ones life. It's probably a little early to start, our "little one" only being the size of a lentil right now- but I am so anxious for some part of this 'baby having' to start- that I've declared the blog to be step 1. (not really- we took the home test, made an appointment, took some vitamins, told our parents, bought 3 books, etc.)

I think the real reason I've started the blog is that I have now investigated nearly EVERY baby website, primarily ones with Eames rocking chairs and modern bassinets, but also ones with loads of information about everything that could possibly go wrong with a pregnancy. Now I am on input overload and need a venue for output.

So far I've felt ok. There have been a few bad moments where the nausea is distracting- but I'm fortunate to have a flexible schedule and some time to rest and lay low. The hardest thing so far has been maintaining my regular exercise. My exhaustion level, coupled with the 100 plus degree weather, has made it a challenge. But today I had a good swim and feel good about building some new active habits that fit with pregnancy better than some of the things I've been doing. Getting hit by cars on your bike and running in extreme heat have fallen off the list.

I can't wait until we progress into the pregnancy. I'm ready for the wooziness to be is over and to tell everyone. I can't wait until I look pregnant so that the mom's at the grocery store know why I'm staring at their babies or the people on the running trail know why I am studying their jogging strollers. I'm ready to make a place for the baby in our little home. I'm ready to buy a high chair and diapers... but for now I'll stick with reading my books, taking vitamins and posting a few premature blog posts.